Information Needed for Students to Post Results
You will need the following information to post your results to the National Rankings site:
- Your place of finish in each event. (If unknown, the farthest round to which you advanced. You may also post your participation if you did not advance to outrounds.)
- How many students or teams competed in the event. (The number of students/teams that actually competed in the event, not the number registered or confirmed for the event.)
- How many students or teams competed in outrounds in the event.
- For Debate
- How many prelim rounds you won
- How many outrounds you won
- How many outrounds you lost
Navigate to the Tournament page. If your tournament already exists then enter your results by following the prompts on the website. If you don’t see your tournament listed, then Create a New Tournament and follow the prompts.
Unverified Results will display Grey Checkmarks
How are results verified?
- Results uploaded to Speechranks by tournament administrators are considered verified.
- Student-reported results that are validated by tournament administrators confirming a student’s place of finish and the number of students/teams that actually competed (not registered or confirmed, but actually competed) in an event will be considered verified. * Scroll to the bottom of the page to see how student entered results may be verified. *
- Students may still self-report results with the current mutual accountability process and those results will continue to be displayed, but the checkmarks will be grey unless the students gets the results verified.
*Verifying Student-Entered Results*
The student should create a Flag on the results they want verified.
- The best method is for a tournament administrator (the Tournament or Tab director) to send verification to Speechranks about the student's results and number of students/teams that actually competed in an event (not students/teams registered or confirmed, but actually competed in the event.)
- The next best method is for the student to send confirmation from a tournament administrator (the Tournament or Tab director) indicating their place of finish, prelim and outround record for debate, and the number of students/teams that actually competed in an event (not students/teams registered or confirmed, but actually competed in the event.)
- The student should copy the tournament administrator on the email so that the tournament administrator is able to confirm the legitimacy of the information. This also provides Speechranks with the email of the tournament administrator thus encouraging transparency.
- If results are posted online - please provide a copy of that information or a link.
- Confirming the number of students/teams participating will still be required.
- Take a photograph of the postings for the last preliminary round of the event - not the first round, but the final preliminary round - count the number of students/teams.
- Then take photographs of each of the outrounds in which the student participates - count the number of students/teams.
- If any student already displays a Green Check Mark for a particular event it means Speechranks has already confirmed the number of students in that event. The information does not need to be provided again.
- For debate take photographs of the ballots showing wins and losses.
- Take photographs of official certificates, medals, trophies indicating the student placing at the tournament if no online verification is available.
- Email the photographs to Speechranks@gmail.com